16.5.12

νοσταλγία

hello people!!

a greek title for today..
for 3 different reasons !!

the 1st is, that nostalgia is the theme  I'm working on it these days!!

the 2nd is that by random my sister showed me an e-mail that she received from an old friend, who is studying in London now, and what he said was that he is teaching his roommates the word "νοσταλγία", because he believes it's the most beautiful greek word.. (by the way he has a very poetic type of writing)

& the 3rd reason is that the last two days, I'm walking on the streets of Athens & I have this strange feeling that in front of me stands a very peaceful, beautiful, abandoned city. It's the same feeling you have when you leave the island on which you fell in love & and you are standing on the deck watching it getting smaller & smaller..

I don't really know & this mystery is kind of fascinating!!

this is the song..

νοσταλγία: νόστος (=επιστροφή) + άλγος (=πόνος). 
Είναι ο πόνος που προκαλείται από την ανικανοποίητη λαχτάρα του γυρισμού.

Have a nice day!!
S.

facebook / instagram

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i had never thought of the beauty of the word νοσταλγία until now. your post really moved me sofia. i am curious to see what you come up with working on nostalgia. i think i feel nostalgia about the things that have passed, but also about the things i am sure i have yet to experience. thank you for your lovely post and song.
love
n.

sofia said...

I feel exactly the same thing Nileta.. I feel nostalgia for the past days, but also for the future days!! The curious thing is that one day maybe we will feel like that &for the present days too!! I will share with you very soon what I'm doing, about νοσταλγία!! Thank u very much for sharing it on FB!
kiss
S.

the muse and the ladybug said...

Asta na pane ego nostalgo polla pragmata ton teleutaio kairo!alla pada erxetai kati kainourio na nostalgeis kai na thimasai!!sti teliki an to skefteis einai oraio na exoume na nostalgoume pragmata kai katastaseis giati simainei oti exoume perasei kala!! Cheers to the new good things that will come and after years we will remember kai tha ta nostalgoume!

sofia said...

είναι ωραίο να νοσταλγείς!! ειδικά όταν ξέρεις ότι θα νοσταλγήσεις ξανά και ξανά !! ..

annie_stru said...

I have to agree with your friend, nostalgia is a very beautiful word.. but most of all it's a very beautiful feeling, bittersweet.. it goes well with that melancholic song.
Thank you for your lovely, touching post..
Kisses**

sofia said...

bittersweet with much more sweet!!
Thank u Anna!!
Many kisses!

angelica said...

antony and the johnsons are one of my favourite bands. i feel i ve lived several lives in my life so far but i will always feel nostalgic of my younghood when everything was pure, simple, unpretentious. when we had less but we were happy cause we had each other.

sofia said...

those old beautiful days.. so, more to come!!

Cloudline Chic Flows said...

Thanking you and Nileta for starting this chain of inspiration in terms of nostalgia... It's an amazing venture to put into universal words feelings that are conceived only in the personal interpretations of our souls.

My own addition would be this comment by Αλέξης Δαμιανός: "Η νοσταλγία είναι μία μαύρη γάτα που σου καρφώνει τα νύχια στην καρδιά όταν βραδιάζει"