30.5.12

art in a sentence 

I got in the gallery, the walls were white, the floor was white, my eyes stuck in a small sentence on the corner. "If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution". I was amazed. This sentence was to, finally, put in words my life perspective. Later, I found out that Emma Goldman wrote this quote in 1931, in her book "Living my Life"! 

Then I sat on a chair to listened to this perfect tune (from, Project Imaginary Landscapes) which was part of the exhibition & I was thinking how many years have passed since I saw or heard something so beautiful & strong?!!

Now it's the time to let our fantasy explode to let ourselves free, because we have nothing to lose!!

thanx Nileta, my new blogger-friend, for introducing me to the work of Brendan Dawes. I found this project "Cinema Redux", absolutely perfect. It's exactly what strikes my fancy these days!!

& since I'm helping a friend with a translation of an interview by Santiago Sierra, I want to share his work with you! I find it so unique & tough also, I'd call him, an "art activist".. 

The gallery mentioned above is the cultural venue "ABOUT", one of the most remarkable art sites in Athens. The exhibition I visited was this one!!

Big love!
S.

facebook / instagram

2 comments:

Unknown said...

loved the tune :) thank you for sharing sophia.
i am patiently waiting for my vegetables to grow so we can (finally) meet in person & with the other bloggers!
santiago sierra's work - !!!!! amazing.

have a great afternoon.
x.

sofia said...

& as I told you, I'll bring the eggplants!!
a bloggers-farmers meeting!!