8.12.12

my "desh"
The contemporary dance performance "DESH". It took me two days, since I watched it, to recall it and realize it's stuck in my mind, leaving me speechless.
I've never before felt the after effects of a play, so strong and powerful..
"Desh" means "homeland" in Bengali. Maybe it's this meaning that makes me feel strange those past two years..

For me there is no homeland, we should belong to our soul & body, choose any little piece of earth to live in, as long as we have love & coexisting.

I want to look inside you, learn things from you, hear stories of your country.
I want to learn your language.
try to teach me.

I saw "DESH" by Akram Khan. It was heart breaking.
.. and that music.. hard to forget..
here is a teaser..

*some pictures of "my" temporary "desh".

S.

facebook / instagram

3 comments:

Cloudline Chic Flows said...

so cerebral and thought provoking! Thank you for sharing dearest!

Unknown said...

σοφά λόγια σοφία :)
και επίσης το κτίριο με τους εξωτερικούς διαδρόμους στους ορόφους του είναι από τα αγαπημένα μου!
μάλιστα, αναρωτιόμουν γιατί κανείς δεν το έβγαλε ποτέ φωτογραφία - μιας και είναι αρκετά ιδιαίτερο και δεν νομίζω να υπάρχει κάτι αντίστοιχο στην πόλη μας.
σε φιλώ!

sofia said...

thank u both girls, you make me happy!!